With a BRNKL security and monitoring system installed on your boat, you may be eligible for discounts on your insurance premium anywhere from 4% to 12%. The team at Barnacle has been in contact with a number of insurance companies and underwriters in order to confirm that these discounts are available.
Below is a list of the BRNKL features that make you eligible for discounts on your premium:
- Real-time notifications sent to your devices – if BRNKL detects a problem onboard your boat you will receive a real-time notification to your smartphone, tablet, and computer. These come as a push notification and/or an email. You can share access to your boat data to additional users, which is useful if you are traveling and leaving your boat behind.
- Bilge and high water alerts – with BRNKL’s bilge monitoring, you can receive an alert if your bilge is running frequently or for a long time. In addition, adding a high-water float switch above your bilge and connecting it to BRNKL will allow you to receive an alert indicating that your bilge has failed or that your bilge can’t keep up with the incoming water. BRNKL’s bilge and high water alerts help prevent major damage and the total loss of your boat.
- Low battery alerts – once your batteries are dead your onboard systems no longer function and your boat will be unable to start in an emergency. The primary concern, in this case, is that your bilge pumps are now non-functioning. If your boat has a slow leak, having dead batteries onboard could be catastrophic. BRNKL’s battery monitoring capabilities allow you to be notified before your batteries are dead. If the batteries on your boat do die completely, BRNKL has an internal battery that keeps the system alive while sending you alerts for an additional 24 hours.
- Tracking your boat’s position – whether it’s for security or for anchoring, knowing your boat’s position is critical. With BRNKL, you can receive alerts if your boat leaves a geofence. If your boat has been stolen, the system will allow you and the authorities to track the vessel in real-time.
- Security – with thieves operating at most marinas, adding a security system equipped with a siren to your boat will scare off an intruder before they are able to remove any expensive equipment. With BRNKL you will receive an alert with an accompanying photograph of the event. As an example, BRNKL was able to capture a photograph of an intruder on a boat in France, which helped lead to an arrest. More details about this story can be found here.
- Global connectivity – At this time, BRNKL has transmitted data from boats in over 20 countries through its global cellular plan. This has allowed boaters to leave their boats in exotic destinations without letting go. As long as your boat has cellular reception your BRNKL will transmit updates and alerts to the BRNKL app. In the unlikely event that your boat is stolen, the system seamlessly crosses borders allowing the authorities to track the vessel in real-time.
- Small form factor – BRNKL is small and is most commonly installed inside of electronics cabinets or behind helms. This small form factor makes it very discrete and very difficult to locate or destroy if an unwanted visitor gets onboard your vessel.
With BRNKL, not only will you pay less for your insurance, the insurance company will have a greatly reduced risk of having to pay out a claim on your boat. It’s certainly a win-win for everybody.
If you’d like to speak with someone at BRNKL about insurance discounts, please call our toll-free number at 1-877-552-7655. We are also happy to speak with your insurance provider directly in order to ensure you receive the best discount possible.